Education for Students
At C.A.R.E. our goal is to end violence in our community. A part of that goal is providing primary prevention education to break the cycle of violence in future generations through outreach and education towards the youth in Charlotte County. Research shows that the prevalence of bullying, harassment, dating/sexual violence is reaching epidemic proportions. In working with students of all ages, we find that they often have difficulty understanding the difference between abusive and healthy relationships. On a broader level, many students lack the skills needed to clearly communicate their feelings and boundaries to others.
What Are the Goals of Prevention Education for Youth?
- Teach skills for healthy relationships
- Promote positive self-esteem and respect
- Change social norms about dating relationships in the school, community and peer groups
- Create a positive and respectful school environment
- Develop teen leadership
- Provide support for at-risk students
C.A.R.E. provides prevention education presentations free of charge to local schools and community youth programs.
Topics for lectures include...
- Bystander Prevention
- Healthy Relationships
- Internet Safety
- Dating Violence
- Sexual Assault
- Date Rape Drugs